Why do I eat wild? There are many reasons behind my choice to eat wild and many levels at which this question can be answered.
Eating food is perhaps the most intimate act we perform, as my friend and regular podcast guest Arthur Haines so eloquently expresses in his lectures. The food — the organisms — you eat literally becomes your body. And, as we know, the dietary choices we make have vast implications on our environment as well as ourselves. Food, and where it comes from, reaches right to the heart of what it means to be human. Our dietary choices today deeply impact the future generations to come. Knowing this, it’s so important to be conscientious about the food we consume and how we choose to interact with our interconnected web of ecology.
In my first solo episode of the season, I unpack what eating wild — and living a modern hunter-gatherer lifestyle — means to me personally.
- Show Introduction:
- Hunt + Gather Updates: Black locust flower, Cattail shoots, Mackerel
- New anthropological evidence pushing sapiens back to 300,000 years old
- The Preamble
- Choosing and building your lifestyle
- The modern human
- Staying human
- What is food?
- Why I Eat Wild
- Species diversity and experiencing novelty
- Walking humbly on the earth
- Natural population limiter
- Participating in the interconnected web of ecology
Subscribe to ReWild Yourself Podcast
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by:
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by Surthrival.com, a premier provider of supplements designed to advance your health and transformation. Aimed to assist and restore the body’s fundamental needs: adaptability, immunity, potency, recovery and regeneration, Surthrival products are formulated to invoke the wild nature hidden within the timid and tamed and promote gains for those who’ve been hittin’ it hard all along. Traditional Herbs for a Modern World and a culture of evolution! This is our Life!
If you would love to have a Clearlight sauna in your home, I have a special offer for you! Because of our great relationship, Clearlight has offered our community $450 off your order, free shipping anywhere in the contiguous United States, and a free backrest when you use the coupon code REWILD at check out!
RESOURCES FROM THIS SHOW:
- The age of the hominin fossils from Jebel Irhoud, Morocco, and the origins of the Middle Stone Age
- Black locust
- Dame's rocket
- Artificial selection
- Stay Human - Michael Franti
- Harambe gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo
- Gobekli Tepe
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Evolution of Diet
Supplementary ReWild Yourself Podcasts:
- Why I’m a Conscientious Omnivore - Daniel Vitalis & Arthur Haines #100
- How To Feed Your Human series: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Why I Hunt - Daniel Vitalis #117