Listen on iTunes or stream above!
Arthur Haines is back on the show! Arthur is both a mentor to me and a good friend, and he has been fundamental to many of the concepts presented on this podcast. As I mentioned last week, we’ll be taking a break from the podcast while we carry out a major revamp behind the scenes. Our very first podcast guest on ReWild Yourself! was Arthur Haines, and so I cannot think of a better way to close out this chapter than an interview series with Arthur. In this episode, we begin a discussion on how to feed your human, and Arthur presents the fundamental food groups for the ideal diet of the human animal. In part one, we focus on animal foods! Stay tuned for the next installments in this series where we will discuss plant, fungal, bacterial, elemental and experiential foods!
- Help! I’m lost!
- Sleep podcast recap
- Food group paradigm
- How to achieve healthy genetic expression
- The placebo effect
- The new “food groups"
- Food Group #1: Animal foods
- Importance of consuming DHA
- Fluid intelligence & Vitamin B12
- Eating pastured foods
- Foods from the sea, and how to consume fish safely
- Managing stress for better epigenetic health
- Daniel’s & Arthur’s favorite animal foods
- We’re not eating food; we’re eating life
- The Functional Neuroanatomy of the Placebo Effect
- Algae acquire vitamin B12 through a symbiotic relationship with bacteria
- Black trumpet mushroom
- Golden chanterelle mushroom
- Shiitake mushroom
- Pastured Egg Nutritional Analysis
- Maternal Supplementation With Very-Long-Chain n-3 Fatty Acids During Pregnancy and Lactation Augments Children’s IQ at 4 Years of Age
- Fish Intake, Contaminants, and Human Health Evaluating the Risks and the Benefits
- Mercury and selenium interaction: A review
- Oyster Nutritional Analysis
- Why You Should Start Shucking!
SUPPLEMENTAL REWILD YOURSELF! PODCASTS (INCLUDING ALL OF ARTHUR'S PAST SHOWS):
- The NeoAboriginal Revolution - Arthur Haines #1
- Food Fads vs the Homo Sapiens Diet - Arthur Haines #3
- The Transition from Semi-nomadism to Sedentism - Arthur Haines #7
- How Speaking English Impacts Our Relationship With Nature - Arthur Haines #12
- The Ancestral Prenatal Program - Arthur Haines #19
- The Teacher Plants - Arthur Haines #24
- Ancestral Survival Skills - Arthur Haines #29
- The Death of Domestication & the Birth of the New Aboriginal - Arthur Haines #39
- Raising Human Apes: Child Rearing ReWilded - Arthur Haines #54
- Sleep is a Nutrient - Arthur Haines #75
CONNECT WITH ARTHUR:
Greetings! My name is Arthur Haines and I’ve been helping people explore human ecology for over 20 years. I’ve done this with the mission of developing deep awareness of and connection to nature, promoting individual health, and fostering self-reliance. Wild food is a passion of mine, and through this, I offer a glimpse of our past and a new picture of our future. Through this knowledge, and many other facets of our shared ancestral lifeways, we can awaken a rewilding of our body, mind, and heart.
I endeavor to share knowledge garnered from this perspective, one that merges the material knowledge of present-day people with the ecological knowledge of ancestral people.