I’m often asked for advice on career opportunities in the world of ReWilding. Many people feel stuck in the rut of a 9-5 and dream of doing work in the world that’s fulfilling, meaningful, adds value to the lives of others and is in line with their personal beliefs and values. I’ve spent over a decade setting up a lifestyle where work and play blend seamlessly. It is a beautiful thing to wake up each day and do work that fuels you with passion, drive and purpose. I’ve seen health and wellness “trends” come and go over the years, and I’ve found the ones that stand the test of time are those rooted in our ancestral biology. Natural movement is one such niche of the ReWilding lifestyle, and today’s episode instructs on how you can get involved with natural movement as a career path.
Danny Clark — MovNat Performance Director and Master Instructor — is here to share a bit about the MovNat Trainer Certification program with us. MovNat is more than a system of natural movements, it is a training platform for enhancing the efficiency of your motility — walking, running, climbing, crawling, bounding and vaulting, lifting and carrying. It is a ReWilding approach to movement, placing its emphasis on retraining the brain and reprogramming our movement software.
I’ve personally attended the MovNat Level 1 and 2 Trainer Certification courses and can vouch for the caliber of instruction and value received (and fun had!). What I learned from MovNat has helped me to become more efficient in how I move through day to day life. In particular, it has immensely improved my efficiency in hunting and gathering, which I explain more about in this show. If you are interested in a starting a more meaningful career path and are passionate about natural movement, now is a great time to get involved on the ground floor of this budding industry!
Tune in for a special discount on MovNat Level 1 Trainer Certification and MovNat Online Coaching!
- Show introduction:
- SurThrival Pine Pollen Sale
- Q&A: Stability ball vs standing
- Q&A: Flexibility
- Hunt + Gather updates
- Experiment with chewing sticks
- Introducing Danny Clark
- Danny’s background
- How Danny got involved with MovNat and natural movement
- Learning movement through progression
- Progressing through MovNat as a student
- The 8 domains
- How MovNat makes you fit for the ReWilding lifestyle
- Getting involved with MovNat
- MovNat Trainer Certification explained
- Taking wildness to the mainstream
Subscribe to ReWild Yourself Podcast
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by:
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by Surthrival.com, a premier provider of supplements designed to advance your health and transformation. Aimed to assist and restore the body’s fundamental needs: adaptability, immunity, potency, recovery and regeneration, Surthrival products are formulated to invoke the wild nature hidden within the timid and tamed and promote gains for those who’ve been hittin’ it hard all along. Traditional Herbs for a Modern World and a culture of evolution! This is our Life!
RESOURCES FROM THIS SHOW:
- Get Certified in MovNat
- Attend a MovNat Workshop
- MovNat Online Coaching
- MovNat on Facebook | Instagram @movnat | Twitter @movnat | Youtube
- Erwan Le Corre on Instagram @naturalmovement and @erwanlecorre
- Danny Clark on Instagram @natural.mover
- Abby Clark on Instagram @feminine_badass
- MovNat Women on Instagram @movnatwomen
- Stefano Tripney on Instagram @captainstefano
- Kellen Milad on Instagram @mke_free_mover
- Chloe Parsons on Instagram @wholly.chloe
- ReWild Yourself Podcast: Miscarriage, Menstruation & Mindful Mothering - Chloe Parsons #144
- Pine Pollen: Ancient Medicine for a Modern World by Stephen Harrod Buhner
Supplementary ReWild Yourself Podcasts & Articles:
As Performance Director, Danny Clark, CSCS and MovNat Master Instructor “sets the bar” for rigorous and thorough MovNat certification standards. He is a world-class athlete, a scholar in evolutionary biology and archaeology, and has extensive knowledge of exercise science and S&C programming. His unique skill set and expertise enables him to develop thorough and highly informed MovNat movement progressions and performance programming standards, as well as class profiles for MovNat Gym and Class Licensees.
Danny is grateful to help bring Natural Movement to the masses and affirms with confidence that MovNat “is certain to become the most complete and effective fitness system the world will ever know.”