My dear sister Chloe Parsons joins us on ReWild Yourself Podcast to talk all things motherhood. Chloe blends her unique experience as a nutritional therapist, MovNat trainer and a mother of two to invigorate modern women with renewed perspective on health and happiness. She works with clients and actively shares her learning experiences in health, mothering and life as @wholly.chloe on Instagram.
In this episode, Chloe and I open up about a very intimate subject: our miscarriage stories. We share our own unique experiences with miscarriage, how it affected us and how we processed our reproductive grief. Additionally, Chloe recounts her firsthand experience with pregnancy, childbirth and mothering two children and discusses the philosophies that guide how she mothers. We also get into the topics of breastfeeding, menstruation, the importance of family and how Chloe incorporates movement into day to day life with her two children. If you’re a mother, mother-to-be or aspiring mother, this interview is for you!
- Show Introduction:
- Special appearance by Chef Frank Giglio!
- Upcoming Surthrival Sale
- Recounting a recent trip to Florida
- Recent Maine foraging adventures
- Q&A: Podcast & book recommendations for the beginning forager
- Q&A: Where to forage for wild food
- Introducing Chloe Parsons
- On the importance of family
- Chloe’s guiding mothering philosophies
- Religious upbringing as a rite of passage
- On miscarriage, holding space and women reclaiming the birth process
- Beginning menstruation
- Chloe describes the differences in her first and second pregnancies
- Incorporating movement with kids through play
- Auto-cannibalizing yourself post-pregnancy
- Chloe’s postpartum approach to nutrition
- Advice to aspiring mothers and mothers-to-be
- Raising future generations and Chloe’s prognosis for the future of the human species
Subscribe to ReWild Yourself Podcast
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by:
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by Surthrival.com, a premier provider of supplements designed to advance your health and transformation. Aimed to assist and restore the body’s fundamental needs: adaptability, immunity, potency, recovery and regeneration, Surthrival products are formulated to invoke the wild nature hidden within the timid and tamed and promote gains for those who’ve been hittin’ it hard all along. Traditional Herbs for a Modern World and a culture of evolution! This is our Life!
If you would love to have a Clearlight sauna in your home, I have a special offer for you! Because of our great relationship, Clearlight has offered our community $450 off your order, free shipping anywhere in the contiguous United States, and a free backrest when you use the coupon code REWILD at check out!
RESOURCES FROM THIS SHOW:
- Chef Frank Giglio
- Swallowtail Farm in Maine
- Ancestral Plants Volume 1 by Arthur Haines
- Ancestral Plant Volume 2 by Arthur Haines
- Arthur Haines' Youtube
- Ancestral Plants Facebook group
- Sam Thayer's Books:
- Hank Shaw
- Hunt, Gather, Cook: Finding the Forgotten Feast by Hank Shaw
- Buck, Buck, Moose: Recipes and Techniques for Cooking Deer, Elk, Moose, Antelope and Other Antlered Things by Hank Shaw
- Duck, Duck, Goose: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking Waterfowl, Both Farmed and Wild by Hank Shaw
- Louis C.K. 2017 on Netflix
- From Chloe's website: Skincare for Pregnancy
- Cytotec and the FDA by Ina May Gaskin
- Symphysis pubis dysfunction
- Breast crawling
- The Continuum Concept: In Search Of Happiness Lost by Jean Liedloff
- Newborn reflexes
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Catherine Shanahan M.D.
- From Chloe's website: Postpartum Nutrition: Recipes and Philosophies for After Birth
- The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother by Heng Ou
Supplementary ReWild Yourself Podcast:
- Human Milk is the Human Norm - Jennifer Grayson #134
- Cross Your Threshold — Into the Unknown - Petra Lentz-Snow #136
- The Ecstatic Hormonal High of Childbearing - Dr. Sarah Buckley #35
- ReWilding Our Birth Experience - Elena Tonetti-Vladimirova #11
- The Ancestral Prenatal Program - Arthur Haines #19
Connect with Chloe:
Chloe Parsons blends her unique experience as a nutritional therapist, MovNat trainer and a mother of two to invigorate modern women with renewed perspective on health and happiness. A former high school English and literature teacher, Chloe draws on her teaching, researching and writing skills to educate and coach her clients and online audience. She’s best known for sharing - and sometimes oversharing - her learning experiences and cheeky commentary as @wholly.chloe.