Why aren’t I a Vegan? I get asked this question all the time, and in this solo episode I break down the core reasons why I think we need to reexamine the Vegan approach. I consider myself to be a conscious omnivore and promote a Four Kingdoms approach to diet (eating from the animal, plant, fungal and bacterial kingdoms). In my personal quest for the most natural diet, I was a vegan for about 10 years. In this show, I’ll tell you a bit about my experience as a vegan, why I started eating animal foods again and why long-term veganism is an experiment and maybe not an appropriate diet for a healthy, robust human ape. In the end, I give a strategy for those who still want to see the world go vegan, and explain how they could best achieve that!
- The issue with “isms"
- My personal search for the most natural diet
- The two types of veganism
- Chimps, bonobos & 3.6 million years of archaeology
- The hand-raising experiment
- Anthropomorphic cartoon animals and charismatic megafauna
- Factory farmed animals
- Nutrient deficiencies in vegan diets
- Kids and veganism
- Social isolation
- Our hunting lineage
- How a misanthropic world view takes humans out of the ecosystem
- Conscious omnivory — the Four Kingdoms of Food
- The vegan experiment
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by Surthrival.com, a premier provider of supplements designed to advance your health and transformation. Aimed to assist and restore the body’s fundamental needs: adaptability, immunity, potency, recovery and regeneration, Surthrival products are formulated to invoke the wild nature hidden within the timid and tamed and promote gains for those who’ve been hittin’ it hard all along. Traditional Herbs for a Modern World and a culture of evolution! This is our Life!
When it comes to the lotions, potions, scents, creams and essential oils I put on my skin — or recommend to my friends — there’s only Living Libations. Beyond organic, anoint yourself with the highest-vibe essences of the ecosystem. Head over to LivingLibations.com and use coupon code REWILD for 5% off your order!
- SurThrival Bone Broth Protein
- Awakening Women's Wisdom - Jeannine Tidwell #90
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration 8th Edition by Weston A. Price
- Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human Paperback by Richard Wrangham
- Video: Hunting chimps
- The China Study
- Arthur Haines
- Study: Signs of impaired cognitive function in adolescents with marginal cobalamin status.
- Study: The role of nutrition in children's neurocognitive development, from pregnancy through childhood
- Study: Meat Supplementation Improves Growth, Cognitive, and Behavioral Outcomes in Kenyan Children
- Do You Take This Man To Be Your Owner? - Daniel Vitalis #53
- How To Feed Your Human series: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3