Shawn Stevenson — bestselling author and creator of The Model Health Show — is back on ReWild Yourself podcast to motivate us to make sleep a primary focus as he details his latest sleep research. Sleep has been a big focus for me as of late. I find I’m able to get more out of my day if I allocate a larger portion of it to getting quality sleep. In this interview, Shawn provides us with some powerful takeaways, including one important piece on the sleep—gut health connection that was completely new to me, and I think you’ll find particularly fascinating. I hope our conversation inspires you to create a nightly sleep practice that rejuvenates your mind and body.
- Shawn’s path to his sleep research
- How much sleep do you need?
- “A good night’s sleep starts the moment you wake up in the morning"
- Do we need to black out our windows?
- Take control of your evening ritual — "Getting ready for bed"
- Go device-less at night
- Powerful new research connecting sleep and gut health
- Nutrients that supplement good quality sleep
- Shawn's prognosis for the future of the human species
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by Surthrival.com, a premier provider of supplements designed to advance your health and transformation. Aimed to assist and restore the body’s fundamental needs: adaptability, immunity, potency, recovery and regeneration, Surthrival products are formulated to invoke the wild nature hidden within the timid and tamed and promote gains for those who’ve been hittin’ it hard all along. Traditional Herbs for a Modern World and a culture of evolution! This is our Life!
Surthrival, a growing internet-based supplier and manufacturer of lifestyle products and supplements, seeks a new team member to handle all facets of wholesale sales and account management, as well as, product and company development projects. This is a fun, challenging, fast-paced, and rapidly-changing online work environment
- ReWild Yourself Podcast: The Practice of Sleep vs Just Passing Out - Shawn Stevenson #48
- Daniel on The Model Health Show: TMHS 024: ReWild Yourself With Daniel Vitalis
- Daniel on The Model Health Show: TMHS 078: How Taboos Control Your Life: Your Teeth, Your Clothes, Your Sexual Desires & More
- Study: Sleep loss limits fat loss
- Study: Cortisol and growth hormone responses to exercise at different times of day.
- The relationship between melatonin and cortisol rhythms: clinical implications of melatonin therapy
- Study: Impact of Windows and Daylight Exposure on Overall Health and Sleep Quality of Office Workers
- Study Offers Surprise on Working of Body's Clock
- Dr. Sara Gottfried
- The Hormone Cure: Reclaim Balance, Sleep and Sex Drive; Lose Weight; Feel Focused, Vital, and Energized Naturally with the Gottfried Protocol by Dr. Sara Gottfried
- Not all colors of light have the same impact on human body
- Study: Green Light Affects Circadian Rhythm
- How to enable Night Shift in iOS 9.3
- iPhone screen cover
- Blue blocking glasses
- Microbes Help Produce Serotonin in Gut
- Think Twice: How the Gut's "Second Brain" Influences Mood and Well-Being
- Enteric nervous system
- Study: Distribution, function and physiological role of melatonin in the lower gut
- Study: Circadian Disorganization Alters Intestinal Microbiota
- 3 Nutrients Linked with a Better Night's Sleep
Connect with Shawn:
Shawn Stevenson is a bestselling author and creator of The Model Health Show, featured as the #1 Health podcast in the country with millions of listener downloads every year. A graduate of The University of Missouri - St. Louis, Shawn studied business, biology, and kinesiology, and went on to be the founder of Advanced Integrative Health Alliance, a company that provides wellness services for individuals and organizations worldwide. Shawn has been featured in Entrepreneur magazine, Men's Health magazine, ESPN, FOX News, and many other media outlets. He is also a frequent keynote speaker for numerous organizations, universities, and conferences. To learn more about Shawn visit TheModelHealthShow.com