Today’s show is all about getting the most out of your experience on planet earth. Gretchen Rubin, New York Times bestselling author and host of popular weekly podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin, joins us to discuss health, habits & happiness. You’ll learn why there is no one-size-fits-all strategy to formulating habits; rather habit formation is unique to you and your personality. In this takeaway-rich episode (grab your notebooks for this one, folks!), Gretchen lets us in on the secrets to habits and happiness she’s learned over years of research and observation.
- How Gretchen’s obsession with human nature led her to the work she does today
- What’s the definition of happiness?
- Discipline is freedom — really!
- Gretchen’s personality framework: The Four Tendencies
- Achieving happiness by mastering habits
- Using the Four Tendencies to create your own habit framework
- Habits can be freeing & energizing
- The strategy of loophole-spotting
- The power of stacking habits
- What makes Gretchen most productive
- Wiping the slate clean
- How to correctly use rewards to reinforce a habit
- Gretchen’s prognosis for the future of the human species
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by Surthrival.com, a premier provider of supplements designed to advance your health and transformation. Aimed to assist and restore the body’s fundamental needs: adaptability, immunity, potency, recovery and regeneration, Surthrival products are formulated to invoke the wild nature hidden within the timid and tamed and promote gains for those who’ve been hittin’ it hard all along. Traditional Herbs for a Modern World and a culture of evolution! This is our Life!
- Gretchen's Habits Manifesto
- Habit change in 21 sentences
- Four Tendencies Quiz
- Four Tendencies: Upholder
- Four Tendencies: Questioner
- Four Tendencies: Obliger
- Four Tendencies: Rebel
- Gretchen's Habits Downloads
- Gretchen's videos on habit strategy
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes
- E-book: THE BEST OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT BLOG: Ten Years of Happiness, Good Habits, and More
- Secrets of Adulthood for Habits
Gretchen Rubin is the author of several books, including the blockbuster New York Times bestsellers, Better Than Before, The Happiness Project and Happier at Home. She has an enormous readership, both in print and online, and her books have sold more than two million copies worldwide, in more than thirty languages. On her popular weekly podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin, she discusses good habits and happiness with her sister Elizabeth Craft; they’ve been called the “Click and Clack of podcasters.” The podcast hit #6 on iTunes on the first day it launched. It ranks in the top 1% of podcasts and was named in iTunes’s and Vulture’s lists of “Best Podcasts of 2015.”
Rubin started her career in law and was clerking for Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor when she realized she wanted to be a writer. She lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.