Listen on iTunes or stream above!
I'm thrilled to have Nora Gedgaudas — author of the international best-selling book, Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer Life — back on ReWild Yourself! podcast to talk entheogens.
- Traditional native entheogen use
- Holotropic Breathwork
- Recreational experience vs meaningful spiritual experience
- We have an interconnected network of specific receptors that seem to illicit different types of consciousness
- Entheogen help for PTSD
- What does the future of shamanism look like?
- Controlling drug use is controlling consciousness
- Entheogen use can give you the state change that “stuff” cannot
- Legality of entheogens
- Effects of marijuana use on the brain
- Psychedelics help de-condition us from our cultural values
- Let medicine be thy food
Most native traditions seem to have a sense of a non-duality as a core reality in their spiritual worldview. Tweet it!
The ego is a by-product of the activity of the serotonin 2 receptor. Tweet it!
Entheogens detach us from our allegiance to the status quo. Tweet it!
- PFX14 Shamanism Panel
- The Shamans of Prehistory by Jean Clottes, David Lewis-Williams
- MAPS Research
- Homological scaffolds of brain functional networks
- Holotropic Breathwork
- Erowid Experience Vaults
- MAOI Contraindications
- Sigma Receptor
- Kappa Receptor
- Salvia divinorum Kappa Opioid Activity
- Salvia Divinorum: Doorway to Thought-Free Awareness by J. D. Arthur
- MAPS MDMA-assisted psychotherapy research
- Alexander Shulgin
- Michael Harner
- Intro to Neurofeedback
- Ganzfeld experiment
- Holonomic Brain Theory | Dr. Karl Pribram
- Tony Robbins on State Change
- The Impact of Marijuana Use on Glucose, Insulin, and Insulin Resistance among US Adults
- Nora’s newsletter sign up
- RETHINKING FATIGUE: What Your Adrenals Are Really Telling You And What You Can Do About It
- Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer Life
- Nora on ReWild Yourself! Podcast: Cultivating the Feral Mind
Nora Gedgaudas, author of the international best-selling book, Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and A Longer Life is a widely recognized expert on the Paleo Diet. She is a highly successful experienced nutritional consultant, speaker and educator, widely interviewed on national and international radio, popular podcasts, television and film. Nora has appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, PBS, Sydney, Austalia's Today Show and Coast To Coast AM. Her own popular podcasts are widely listened to on iTunes and are available for free download at her website www.primalbody-primalmind.com, along with a free newsletter, articles and videos. She maintains a private practice in Portland, Oregon as both a Board-Certified nutritional consultant and a Board-Certified clinical Neurofeedback Specialist.