Listen on iTunes or stream above!
“What I am capable of, anyone can learn.” -Wim Hof
Wim Hof — "The Iceman" — is internationally renowned for his countless ice endeavors that range from being up to his neck in a cylinder filled with ice cubes for over 90 minutes, swimming large distances under polar ice, running a marathon barefoot to climbing the Everest in nothing more than a pair of shorts.
Wim has pioneered a practice of breathing and cold immersion that has allowed him to set countless world records and can help you to harness your inner strength and achieve robust health & well-being.
In this episode, Wim shares from the heart on his journey confronting the cold and how his practices can help you become a better version of yourself in a very short time period. Our conversation was particularly powerful for me, as I’ve been playing around with Wim’s breathing and cold immersion techniques since we’ve spoken and have felt immediate positive effects. I share a bit about my experience so far in the beginning of the show!
I hope you enjoy our conversation as much as I did!
- What Wim is capable of, anyone can learn
- The Wim Hof Method
- Wim’s journey in confronting the cold
- Getting out of our comfort zones
- Tuning into your primitive, animal self
- Dealing with suppressed emotions that arise when practicing the breathing techniques
- Controlling your pH through breath
- What temperature does Wim keep his home?
- Generating energy through deep breathing
- Enjoying life to the fullest
- Using Wim's breathing techniques to improve sex
- How Wim sees the future of our world
- Voluntary activation of the sympathetic nervous system and attenuation of the innate immune
- response in humans
- The Science Behind Wim
- Wim Hof Method Explained
- Wim Hof Method Revealed
- Wim Hof Method Exercises
- VICE documentary Wim Hof: Coming Home
Connect with Wim:
- Wim on Twitter @Iceman_Hof
- Wim on Facebook
- Wim Hof Free Online Course
- Wim Hof Method 10-wk Online Course
- Wim Hof Academy
- Wim Hof Workshops
- Wim Hof Travel Adventures
Wim Hof is internationally renowned for his countless ice endeavors that range from being up to his neck in a cylinder filled with ice cubes for over 90 minutes, swimming large distances under polar ice, running a marathon barefoot to climbing the Everest in nothing more than a pair of shorts. It gained him worldwide fame and his nickname: The Iceman. Wim has shown what the human body is capable of once you find the flow within your physical and mental state.
He holds 21 Guinness World Records, including:
-Longest ice bath (He was immersed in ice for 1 hour and 52 minutes!)
-Running a marathon above the Arctic circle in shorts
-Hanging on one finger at an altitude of 2000 meters
-Running a full marathon in Namib desert without water consumption
All of this may seem superhuman, but Wim remains persevering: “What I am capable of, everybody can learn".
Learn more at IcemanWimHof.com.