Listen on iTunes or stream above!
Tony Blauer — a pioneer in Combatives and self defense training — discusses primal self defense and offers some excellent reasons on why you should learn how to defend yourself from predatory violence.
- How Tony became interested in self defense
- Consentual dualing vs predatory violence
- Why “the pacificist” needs to learn this
- How long it takes to learn to defend yourself
- Indignation energy
- Startle-flinch response
- Compliant vs non-compliant opponent
The reactive brain bypasses the cognitive in times of high stress. Tweet it!
The ability to protect yourself or a loved one is the single most important skill anyone can possess. Tweet it!
Learning how to protect yourself literally takes a day. Tweet it!
- Martial arts
- Limbic system
- Sudden Self-Defense vs. Martial Contest - Tony's Blog
- Self-Defense Tips for Beginners
- Tony demonstrates simple, direct, effective primal gross motor based tactics
- CrossFit Defense
- CrossFit & SPEAR: When Functional Fitness met Functional Fighting
- Intro to the Flinch - Tony's Blog
- High Gear
- Tony on Hick's Law
- Tony's Blog
- BTS Courses
- BTS Training Calendar
- Tony's Instagram
Coach Tony Blauer is one of the only Combatives experts who has successfully affected training across all the combat related communities: self-defense, combat sports and the military & law enforcement sector. His research on physiology, mind-set as it relates to confrontation management has inﬂuenced over two decades of reality-based martial artists.
Tony Blauer is founder and CEO of BLAUER TACTICAL CONFRONTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS©. Tony has pioneered research and training methodologies that have influenced and inspired martial art & combative systems around the world.