Nadine Artemis is back on ReWild Yourself Podcast to discuss how to reveal and revive your natural radiance by embracing “renegade” beauty. Nadine is the creator of Living Libations, an exquisite line of serums, elixirs, and essentials oils for those seeking the purest of the pure botanical health and beauty products on the planet. She is the author of Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums and soon-to-be-released Renegade Beauty: Reveal and Revive Your Natural Radiance--Beauty Secrets, Solutions, and Preparations. An innovative aromacologist, Nadine develops immune-enhancing formulas and medicinal blends for health and wellness. Nadine’s fresh paradigm for beauty and her natural approach to health presents a revolutionary vision; it allows the life-force of flowers, dewdrops, plants, the sun, and water to be the ingredients of healthy living and lets everything unessential, contrived, and artificial fall away.
In this episode, Nadine guides us through the concepts of “renegade” beauty, beginning with the foundational piece of health, wellness and beauty: our microbiome. Most modern skincare and self-care products are laden with toxic ingredients that may offer a quick fix to an issue but overlook the root cause, and often have detrimental effects on our bodies and our environment. Nadine encourages us to harness the power of our plant allies and the elemental forces of nature to simplify our self-care routines and allow our natural radiance to shine through. While we focus on many women-specific topics, there is something for everyone in this interview!
- Show Introduction:
- Renegade Beauty Book Giveaway
- Hunt + Gather updates: elderberry harvesting, brook trout fishing, cooking with acorns and getting a dog
- Q&A: Properly storing wild berry powders
- Introducing Nadine Artemis
- Nadine’s new book, Renegade Beauty
- Beauty from within
- The meaning of vitalism
- From the milky way to the microbiome: allowing our micro biome to be our beautician
- Harnessing the power of our plant allies
- Wise interaction with the sun
- Navigating the toxins in our modern world
- Breast health
- On iodine deficiency
- Embracing the expansion of pregnancy
- Renegade beauty realms and skin type hype
- Moving towards a more beautiful world
Subscribe to ReWild Yourself Podcast
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by:
America’s Indigenous Stimulant is Back! Did you know that Yerba Mate’ has a North American sibling? Yaupon (pronounced yo - pawn)––North America’s only native caffeine plant––was revered by the native peoples of the continent’s southern regions. Nearly forgotten, the “Black Drink” as it was called, has re-emerged amidst the movement toward sustainably-harvested local-food.
When it comes to the lotions, potions, scents, creams and essential oils I put on my skin — or recommend to my friends — there’s only Living Libations. Beyond organic, anoint yourself with the highest-vibe essences of the ecosystem. Head over to LivingLibations.com and use coupon code REWILD for 5% off your order!
RESOURCES FROM THIS SHOW:
- John Ruskin
- Modern Painters: Volume 1. Of General Principles, and of Truth by John Ruskin
- Sun and the Epidemic of Melanoma: Myth on Myth 2nd Edition by Bernard A. Ackerman
- The Healing Power of Light
- Dr. Auguste Rollier's Switzerland clinic
- Setting Sun Therapy in Selby
- Dr. Stephanie Seneff
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Urinary mycoestrogens, body size and breast development in New Jersey girl
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- Characterization of Adipogenic Activity of House Dust Extracts and Semi-Volatile Indoor Contaminants in 3T3-L1 Cells
- Twilight Sleep – The Brutal Way Some Women Gave Birth In The 1900s
- The Safe and Effective Implementation of Orthoiodosupplementation In Medical Practice
- Iodine : Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It by David Brownstein
- Guy. E. Abraham M.D.
- The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life by Lynne Farrow
- WHO Global Database on Iodine Deficiency
- Hakala Labs - iodine loading test
- Carrie Anne Moss's blog, Annapurna Living
- The Web That Has No Weaver : Understanding Chinese Medicine by Ted J. Kaptchuk O.M.D.
SUPPLEMENTARY LIVING LIBATIONS PRODUCTS:
Living Libations Renegade Beauty Balms explore a new paradigm of engaging with botanicals for beauty care and replenishing our beings with our self-renewing systems. Beauty culminates in the millions of tiny cells and bacteria in our bodies, and these Renegade Beauty Realms are your invitation to imbibe on the elemental libations of cellular rejuvenation.
Use code ELEMENTBEAUTY for a 7% off discount on any of the Renegade Beauty Realm Bundles. This code will be a one-time use per client code.
NADINE'S PAST SHOWS ON REWILD YOURSELF PODCAST:
- Becoming Radiant and Sexy from the Inside Out - Nadine Artemis #17
- Wise Interaction with the Sun - Nadine Artemis #52
- Successful Self-Dentistry - Nadine Artemis #87
- Your Skin, An Owner's Manual - Nadine Artemis #106
- Self-care, A Woman's Guide - Nadine Artemis #124
CONNECT WITH NADINE:
Nadine Artemis is the creator of Living Libations, an exquisite line of serums, elixirs, and essentials oils for those seeking the purest of the pure botanical health and beauty products on the planet. She is the author of Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums, a frequent commentator on health and beauty for media outlets, and her products have received rave reviews in the New York Times, the National Post, and the Hollywood Reporter. Described by Alanis Morissette as “a true-sense visionary,” Nadine has formulated a stunning collection of rare and special botanical compounds. An innovative aromacologist, Nadine develops immune-enhancing formulas and medicinal blends for health and wellness; her potent dental serums are used worldwide and provide the purest oral care available. Her healing creations, along with her concept of “Renegade Beauty,” encourage effortlessness, eschew regimes, and inspire people to rethink conventional notions of beauty and wellness. Nadine’s fresh paradigm for beauty and her natural approach to health presents a revolutionary vision; it allows the life-force of flowers, dewdrops, plants, the sun, and water to be the ingredients of healthy living and lets everything unessential, contrived, and artificial fall away.