In this episode of ReWild Yourself! Podcast, Arthur Haines and I continue our conversation from earlier podcasts, this time focusing on the transition from semi-nomadism to sedentism.
- Daily and seasonal movement was a huge part of hunter-gatherer existence
- Nomadic peoples were not just endless wanderers
- Agriculture is a spectrum
- What emerges when people stop moving?
- Hunter-gatherers were generalists
- Walking was a significant part of the hunter-gatherer lifestyle
- Fit for the gym vs. fit for the earth
- Is working out wasted energy?
- Dissociative gym workouts
- The amazing strength of foraging mothers