Listen on iTunes or stream above!
Get your notebooks out for this episode, folks! Ben Greenfield — ex-bodybuilder, Ironman triathlete, Spartan racer, coach, speaker and New York Times Bestseller author — covers a lot of ground and delivers countless actionables in this interview. Ben shares some excellent primal parenting tips and his top strategies to reduce stress in everyday life. He even takes us on a (verbal) tour of his incredible home, which was clearly designed with the human ape in mind (;
Prepare to be inspired! I’d love to hear 1-2 of your favorite takeaways from our conversation in the comments below!
- Ben’s upcoming wilderness retreat with his twin boys
- Creatively adjusting your daily workout to include your kids
- The enormous responsibility and privilege of being a parent and building a lineage
- Engaging your children in the practice of gratefulness
- Teaching kids alternative-to-sitting positions
- The science of gratitude
- Ben’s favorite practices to reduce stress in everyday life
- Tour of Ben’s optimized home habitat
- The ultimate practice of functional fitness
- Bowhunting vs firearm shooting
Enable your children to grow up with the idea that sitting is not necessarily the most productive position. Tweet it!
- Tim Corcoran - Twin Eagles Wilderness School
- Ben’s Outdoor Obstacle Workout
- 5 Minute Journal
- Dave Asprey
- Kybounder mats
- Nature Beat
- Heart rate variability
- Box breathing
- Ben’s experience with Warrior Breathing
- Pranayama App
- Ben’s Morning Routine
- Spartan Race
- The Spartan Cruise
- 5 minute burpee test
- Vic Verdier
- Mild hormetic stress
- Ben’s blog: The 7 Best Stress-Fighting Weapons That Will Make Your Mind-Body Connection 100% Bulletproof.
- Ben’s blog: Underground Training Tactics For Enhancing Endurance
- How You Can Use Cold Thermogenesis To Perform Like Lance Armstrong And Michael Phelps
- Cat6a shielded ethernet cable
- Blackout curtains
- Sunrise alarm clock
- Greenfield Naturals The Harmonizer - water structuring unit
- Gerald Pollack podcast on The Fourth Phase of Water
- How to Make a Home Gym
- Arthur Haines
Ben Greenfield is an ex-bodybuilder, Ironman triathlete, Spartan racer, coach, speaker and author of the New York Times Bestseller “Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health and Life”. In 2008, Ben was voted as NSCA’s Personal Trainer of the year and in 2013 and 2014 was named by Greatist as one of the top 100 Most Influential People In Health And Fitness. Ben blogs and podcasts at BenGreenfieldFitness.com, and resides in Spokane, WA with his wife and twin boys.