Listen on iTunes or stream above!
Every year in the United States, about 300,000 people are diagnosed with Lyme disease, according to recent studies. Symptoms of Lyme range from early on fever, achy joints and fatigue to long term severe migraines, short term memory loss and inflammation of brain and spinal cord. In this episode, Earth poet and award-winning author Stephen Harrod Buhner joins us to discuss this silent epidemic, how to avoid it and what to do if you contract it.
We discuss his recently updated book, Healing Lyme, where he outlines leading scientific research, tests and treatment for Lyme disease. Stephen also shares his potent herbal protocol for treating Lyme, which has an amazing success rate: "75% of those who use the protocol as a core treatment regimen (along with other herbs and supplements as symptoms dictate) feel that they are cured."
This interview is filled with helpful and crucial information for those infected with Lyme, have loved ones infected with Lyme or who live in areas where Lyme ticks are common!
- What is Lyme Disease?
- Zombie ticks
- Sophisticated bacteria
- Be proactive
- How a robust immune system can help you ward off a Lyme infection
- Diagnostic testing for Lyme
- Stephen’s herbal protocol recommendations
- Can apitherapy help minimize Lyme symptoms?
- The problems with Western medicine practices
- Lyme co-infections
- The longterm effects of Lyme on life
- Entering the Lyme Wars
- Stephen’s GoFundMe for the revised edition of Healing Lyme
- Key trigger symptoms of Lyme
- We’ve exceed the carrying capacity of the Earth
- ReWild Yourself! Podcast: Stephen Harrod Buhner on Reclaiming Your Feeling Sense
- Lyme, Connecticut
- Wiki: Lyme Disease
- Borrelia burgdorferi
- Genetics of Borrelia burgdorferi.
- Classic microscopy reveals borrelia bacteria
- Overwintering Survival of Nymphal Ixodes scapularis (Acari: Ixodidae) Under Natural Conditions
- Robert Hyland
- Astragalus and Lyme
- Advanced Laboratory Testing: Spirochete/Borrelia Testing
- Stephen's Lyme Protocol
- Article by Stephen: THE USE OF APIS AND BI-EDTA IN THE TREATMENT OF LYME DISEASE
- Lyme co-infections
- Lyme symptoms
Stephen Harrod Buhner is an Earth poet and the award-winning author of twenty books on nature, indigenous cultures, the environment, and herbal medicine. He comes from a long line of healers including Leroy Burney, Surgeon General of the United States under Eisenhower and Kennedy, and Elizabeth Lusterheide, a midwife and herbalist who worked in rural Indiana in the early nineteenth century. The greatest influence on his work, however, has been his great-grandfather C.G. Harrod who primarily used botanical medicines, also in rural Indiana, when he began his work as a physician in 1911.
Stephen's work has appeared or been profiled in publications throughout North America and Europe including Common Boundary, Apotheosis, Shaman's Drum, The New York Times, CNN, and Good Morning America. Stephen lectures yearly throughout the United States on herbal medicine, the sacredness of plants, the intelligence of Nature, and the states of mind necessary for successful habitation of Earth.
He is a tireless advocate for the reincorporation of the exploratory artist, independent scholar, amateur naturalist, and citizen scientist in American society - especially as a counterweight to the influence of corporate science and technology.