Summer Bock believes that good health starts in the gut, and she is dedicated to helping people heal their digestive issues naturally. You have about three pounds worth of microbiota lining your gut that is active, diverse and affects way more than just your digestion. In this interview, Summer is here to share how you can for keep your gut strong, healthy and motile. We discuss her top strategies for repopulating gut flora, how stress affects your gut health and what you can do about it, how to remineralize your body and we even get into the growing trend of fecal transplants.
This interview is a great reminder that we need to eat from all Four Kingdoms: Animal, Plant, Fungal and Bacterial. I hope it inspires you to infuse your diet with more fermented foods and cultivate a healthy, robust gut flora.
- Daniel shares on ice fishing, fresh food and the origins of the Christmas tree
- Daniel answers your questions on geophagy, favorite bedding options and Kava Root tea
- How Summer became interested in gut health
- What does your gut health affect?
- Defining the gut
- Strategies for repopulating our gut flora
- Probiotics: supplements vs whole foods
- How to remineralize your body
- What are pre-biotics?
- The lowdown on fecal transplants
- Thoughts on kombucha
- Keeping our gut strong, healthy and motile
- The connection between disbiosis and disorganization
- Stress, survival strategies and emotional detox
- Summer’s Gut Rebuilding Program
- Summer’s prognosis for the future of the human species
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by Surthrival.com, a premier provider of supplements designed to advance your health and transformation. Aimed to assist and restore the body’s fundamental needs: adaptability, immunity, potency, recovery and regeneration, Surthrival products are formulated to invoke the wild nature hidden within the timid and tamed and promote gains for those who’ve been hittin’ it hard all along. Traditional Herbs for a Modern World and a culture of evolution! This is our Life!
- ReWild 101: A New Path Book Club
- ReWild Yourself podcast: ReWild 101 - Arthur Haines and Daniel Vitalis #125
- The Surprising Link Between Gut Bacteria And Anxiety
- Can Inflammation in Your Gut Be the Root of Your Depression?
- The Surprising Gut Microbes of African Hunter-Gatherers
- Palmaria palmata (Dulse)
- Surthrival Bone Broth
- ReWild Yourself podcast: Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen - Frank Giglio #85
- Oral, Capsulized, Frozen Fecal Microbiota Transplantation for Relapsing Clostridium difficile Infection
- Antimicrobial-Resistant Strains of Clostridium difficile from North America
- Microbiome Medicine Summit
- ReWild Yourself podcast: Sleep Starts in the Morning - Shawn Stevenson #83
Connect with Summer:
Summer Bock is a FermentationistTM and founder of Guts and Glory, an online company dedicated to providing clients with the knowledge and actionable skills to heal their digestive issues naturally. Her practice is based on the premise that good health starts in the gut. She is a trained herbalist with a background in microbiology and is certified by Columbia University in Integrative Nutrition.