Are you eating what you think you are? As a modern hunter gatherer, I am quite conscious and meticulous about the foods I consume. I base my diet on a Four Kingdoms approach (eating from the animal, plant, fungal and bacterial kingdoms), and I strive to source the majority of my food bio-regionally. I still shop at Whole Foods and occasionally dine at farm to table-style restaurants, of course, and I was shocked to learn of the rampant food fraud that extends to seemingly reputable grocers and eateries.
Award-winning food journalist and travel writer Larry Olmsted wrote a comprehensive exposé on fraud in the unregulated food industry, and he is here to reveal some of the industry’s most adulterated foods. He teaches us how we can be more vigilant consumers as we navigate grocery store aisles, food labels and restaurant menus.
- Daniel answers your questions on:
- Cooking with fats
- Choosing between a Samina bed and Clearlight Sauna
- His thoughts on Asian/Oriental religions
- How Larry got into the world of Real Food
- The lowdown on Kobe beef
- Are your grocery store tomatoes actually ripe?
- Misleading wine labels
- Farmed vs wild caught seafood
- The history of seafood fraud
- What’s in your sushi?
- Our society's most adulterated foods
- The most popular food fraud item
- General buying guidelines to ensure you’re purchasing real food
- Larry’s prognosis for the future of food
ReWild Yourself Podcast is brought to you by Surthrival.com, a premier provider of supplements designed to advance your health and transformation. Aimed to assist and restore the body’s fundamental needs: adaptability, immunity, potency, recovery and regeneration, Surthrival products are formulated to invoke the wild nature hidden within the timid and tamed and promote gains for those who’ve been hittin’ it hard all along. Traditional Herbs for a Modern World and a culture of evolution! This is our Life!
If you would love to have a Clearlight sauna in your home, I have a special offer for you! Because of our great relationship, Clearlight has offered our community $450 off your order, free shipping anywhere in the contiguous United States, and a free backrest when you use the coupon code REWILD at check out!
- Register for Kim's Sexual Mastery for Men 8-week Virtual Salon
- Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill: The Complete Guide to Fats, Oils, Cholesterol and Human Health by Udo Erasmus
- What is real food? What is fake food?
- Here's What's Really in Your Sushi and 13 Other Foods You Eat Every Day
- Larry Olmsted Talks About Real Food vs. Fake Food
- Food's Biggest Scam: The Great Kobe Beef Lie
- Fake Fish On Shelves And Restaurant Tables Across USA, New Study Says
- Widespread Seafood Fraud Found in New York City | Oceana Study
- Manuka honey fraud – what else is fake in our food?
- Food Fraud and “Economically Motivated Adulteration” of Food and Food Ingredients
- It's Extra Virgin Olive Oil Day - Is Your EVOO Real Or Fake?
- Italy Moves to Toughen Penalties for Olive Oil Fraud
- Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking by Nathan Myhrvold, Chris Young, Maxime Bilet
Connect with Larry:
Larry Olmsted writes the “Great American Bites” column for USA Today and his food and travel column appears on Forbes.com. Olmsted was named one of the 10 Most Extreme U.S. Journalists by the Society of Professional Journalists, and his Forbes.com column was named one of the World’s Top 100 Travel Sites. His exposé on counterfeit Kobe beef for Forbes.com was widely covered by newspapers, websites, and radio shows around the world. Olmsted is the author of two books on golf and, most recently, Getting into Guinness (personally setting or breaking three world records during the writing process). He and his wife live in Vermont.