Listen on iTunes or stream above!
In this episode, wild woman Michaela Boehm joins us to explore polarity in relationships. Michaela teaches and counsels internationally as an expert in intimacy and sexuality, and she is currently the only counselor in the world personally trained and authorized by David Deida (If you aren't familiar with Deida, definitely check out his prolific work).
Be warned — this interview may push some buttons, as Michaela and I dissect some popularly-held beliefs on happiness and relationships! Our one hour conversation is brimming with nuggets of insight on relationships, intimacy and becoming your best self. Enjoy!
- Michaela’s work
- Are we supposed to be happy all of the time?
- Polarity in relationships
- The Fifty Shades of Grey phenomenon
- How can guys get in touch with their true masculinity?
- Maintaining sexual polarity while fostering both your feminine and masculine sides
- Communicating your “flavor” needs to your partner
- David Deida’s 3 stages of intimacy and growth
- Feminism vs. being a wild woman
- Will the new generation have neutrality issues?
As human beings, we should be as wide and full and varied in our expressions as possible. Tweet it!
Self help is skill and tool development; it’s not enlightenment. Tweet it!
- Wanna leave us a review on iTunes? Here's how!
- David Deida
- Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy
- David Deida: 3 Stages of Intimacy & Growth, Feminine & Masculine Sexiness and Purpose
- The Third Stage: Making Love Beyond Sharing Needs
- Shailene Woodley on Why She’s Not a Feminist
- Michaela's workshops
- Heart of Love, Body of Light: The Wild Woman’s Way
- Michaela's 5-day intensive in Amersterdam: Evening of Intimacy & Polarity:Deida Practices Introduction
Books mentioned in this podcast:
Michaela Boehm is among the most gifted counselors and teachers to be found globally today.
Born and raised in Austria, Michaela received degrees in Psychology from the University of Vienna and received further extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Hypnosis, NLP, and Yoga.
Upon moving to the United States in 1994, Michaela quickly became counselor to the stars in Hollywood, California, working with the world’s best-known celebrities, including actors, producers, writers, musicians, and international business founders.
Michaela began studying with David Deida in 1997 and in 2007 began co-teaching with him, focusing on women’s empowerment in the 21st Century.
Michaela is currently the only counselor in the world personally trained and authorized by David Deida.
Recently, Michaela began making available her unique services to those outside the Hollywood elite, offering women’s workshops, couples intensives, relationship counseling, and co-ed trainings.