A mead workshop with Daniel Vitalis and Jim Lindenschmidt
I am very excited to be co-hosting this up-coming Autumn workshop with my good friend and mead-mentor, Jim Lindenschmidt of Bardic Brews and The Sweet Peas Podcast. I have been highly involved in brewing my own mead for several months now, after learning the traditional nutrition that has been derived from this fermented beverage for ages. The experience of harvesting the ingredients for the mead from my environment (honey, fruits, herbs, etc.) and going through the process is yet another gratifying experience of building self-sufficiency. I so look forward to sharing my knowledge on this ancient beverage at our workshop coming up in November!
Tuesday, November 16, 7-10pm At the Urban Farm Fermentory 200 Anderson St. – Bay 4 Portland, ME 04101 207-653-7406
General Admission, $35 42 spots available ($45 at the door)
- or -
Get Your Gear, Brew Your Mead, $125 only 12 spots available, including:
- Admission ($35 value)
- Brewing Kit ($60 value) — you keep all the brewing equipment
- Ingredient Kit ($40 value) — your first batch will produce 10-12 bottles of mead for you to enjoy
- Hand-holding: consult with James Lindenschmidt in advance to plan your first batch of mead, and brew onsite with guidance during workshop
- You keep everything, you will take home the 3 gallon carboy full of what will become mead in a few weeks (about 10-12 bottles).
- Short talk on Mead Lore by James Lindenschmidt of www.BardicBrews.net
- One-Hour lecture on the Nutrition and Alchemy of Mead by Daniel Vitalis
- Meadmaking Craft workshop with James Lindenschmidt, where you will see several batches of mead being made, and have the opportunity to brew your own first batch of mead
Also Available At The Workshop:
Brewing Equipment Kit ~ Optional, available at event $60 includes:
- 3 gallon glass carboy
- siphon hose
Ingredient Kit ~ Optional, available at event $40 includes:
- 1 gallon of honey
- 1 packet of brewing yeast
If you’d like to register for the full Get Your Gear, Brew Your Mead package, including admission, ingredients, and all brewing gear so you can take home your first batch of fermenting mead, register here. There are only 12 premium seats available, so hurry!
If you’d like to register for general admission, which includes viewing the workshop and hearing my talk, then register here.
Seating is limited, so register soon! Looking forward to seeing you all there!